Fun, pretty on a platter, and super easy to make! These skewers are Vegan, Gluten-Free, Fat-Free, and taste really great. The whole office smelled yummy last week when they were out…..
Ingredients for 24 skewers (serve as an appetizer):
24 mushrooms — I used Cremini, but you can use any small, round mushroom
48 grape tomatoes
2 cans (15 ounces each) Hearts of Palm — cut into 24 1″ slices/chunks
6 cloves garlic
3 TBSP finely chopped fresh rosemary, divided
3 TBSP finely chopped fresh thyme, divided
24 bamboo or wooden skewers
1. Wash and dry the mushrooms and grape tomatoes.
2. Drain the hearts of palm and cut them into pieces. Some of them will fall apart while marinating, so put extra into the bowl.
3. Create 3 bowls for marinade: I used large shallow bowls for this purpose. Each bowl gets 2 crushed cloves of garlic, 1 TBSP each of fresh rosemary and thyme, and about 1/4 c of balsamic vinegar.
4. Put your prepared vegetables into the bowls — one each for mushrooms, tomatoes and hearts of palm. Stir to mix them with the marinade.
5. Marinate for 30-45 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
6. Transform mushrooms to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and roast until softened, and starting to caramelize, about 30 minutes.
7. When the mushrooms are cool enough to handle, thread a mushroom, tomato, heart of palm, then another tomato onto each skewer. Enjoy!
8. You can save the balsamic marinade to reuse on salad or as a marinade for more veggies or meat.